1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnists Worth Reading

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Eagleboy, Jan 11, 2007.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

No love for Mark Kiszla?

He's been the best Denver-area columnist for years.

2. butchie

butchie New Member

I start every day hoping WaPo contains a Lisa de Moraes column. She does TV, not sports. But if you want read the best, read Lisa.

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Not a fan of de Moraes. I can't help but feel like whenever I read her, I'm priveleged to be let in on the Hollywood media clique. Eh.

I'll take Tom Shales any day. Carolyn Hax, too.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I'll agree, it's a shame Art Thiel hasn't gotten more mention. Canzano has become one of my regular reads. Whoever put Pluto on this list picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

5. Wilbon, Hill, Sally Jenkins, Rick Maese-- no one's said Maese yet?-- Norm Chad, Christine Brennan

6. Sorry Hustle, I'm with butchie on this one. Shales has gotten a little too stuffy in his old age. de Moraes is snarky without being obnoxious, which is hard to do. One of the few TV industry writers who can actually make me laugh out loud.

I'm with you on Hax though.

Draft saved Draft deleted