1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnists at the same paper who don't get along

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

An offshoot of the Telander thread...

Telander-Mariotti
    Lupica-Kriegel-Olson

This always fascinates me when egos clash...

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

In all fairness, in those specific cases, it only takes one ego to make a clash.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Yep. And it ain't Telander, Kriegel or Olson.

Why not rename the thread "Douchebag columnists who engender ill will among their coworkers"?

4. Mizzougrad96

I think Telander-Mariotti is ego vs. ego, even if Telander is probably way more in the right.

Lupica is just a bully.

5. Mizzougrad96

Do Paige and Kiszla get along? I've always liked both, but I could see those two clashing a lot.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I think people he went to school with would laugh hysterically at that remark.

I know what you mean; it just read funny to me.

7. Mizzougrad96

OK, how about "Douchebag with enough clout to get someone fired and make another quit?" :D

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

So another thread about Lupica? Aren't there about 900 of those in the archives? Mariotti doesn't have that kind of juice, that's for sure.

9. Mizzougrad96

Do Poz and Whitlock get along? I know Simers and Plaschke seem to do pretty well together.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

He wrote his autobiography for the guy - which tells you all you need to know about Sid's writing skills, that he had a co-writer for his own book - but Reusse and Hartman at the Strib have had some entertaining dustups over the years. It's nothing like Mariotti-Telander as far as the amount of animosity, but they've each gone at the other fairly hard over the years, in print and on the radio.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But that was also borne out of Reusse's days in St. Paul

12. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Can I get a witness!

Draft saved Draft deleted