1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnist to irresponsible dog owners: "I will end your pet"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WolvEagle, Jul 3, 2011.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Because, you know, there's nothing better than revisionist history on the internet. At annarbor.com, you can un-pee in the pool.
    I'm offended by the change. The dumbass wrote it and now the site and/or writer doesn't have the conviction to keep her statement up so the world can see how stupid she could be.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In Ann Arbor unleashed dogs can wash their feet in the sink, though. Even Christian dogs.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The column was dumb.

On to the larger subject of dogs. My town has several dog parks and all are clearly marked and say no children allowed inside them.

It pisses me off to no end that people bring their kids and let them play. Here's the deal. My dog is a lab mix and will eat your kid's face if given the chance. It isn't because she's mean. She just wasn't raised around children and does not care for them as a result.

So don't bring your kids to the dog park or I will end them.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't be so hard on your dog. Sounds like she does care for children.

Just likes them tender.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am afraid of muslims.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You should get a job with the TSA.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

slap, I'm sorry, but I'll never, never, never see what's right with that outlook.

"Internet revisionist history" is easy to say, and in essence, yes, that's what they're doing.

But do you really think it's better NOT to correct one's error? You'd rather leave it up there because there's some sort of integrity in owning your stupidity?

Sorry. Doesn't work for me in the least.

8. JonnyD

JonnyD Member

Of all the threads to end up on Muslims.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It should stay in there, IMO, because that's the standard that has existed for 200 years and that people should hold themselves to -- once it's published it lives forever, so exercise your caution beforehand. The ability to scrub is a new phenomenon that young writers have become all too willing to rely on.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with jr/shotty with this one. I don't think the "we've done this for 200 years so we should keep doing it" argument holds up too well.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The reliance upon it is an unfortunate byproduct of "scrubbing."

That still doesn't mean, IMHO, that you leave something up there that shouldn't be just because you made the mistake of putting it up there in the first place.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It wasn't an "error." It was done on purpose.

Idiots should reap the consequences of their idiocy.

That said, pet owners, as well as parents of slobbering rug rats, should all keep their animals under control.

Draft saved Draft deleted