1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnist - Richmond Times-Dispatch

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Just don't harrass the racing writer with all your insane voicemails about how that person never mentions how Toyota is destroying racing and how they're outspending everyone else and NASCAR doesn't like America.

Thanks.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sorry. Was I starting to get annoying?

3. imjustagirl

Every. Freaking. Monday.

I swear to god, I get to "Hey, ijag, I'm a 30-year subscriber..." and I just delete it. Same shit every week.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/virginia/dp-va--richmondstadium0722jul22,0,6530914.story

Sorry Moddy, it's just an expansion.

5. 93Devil

IJAG, and this is going to get better for you in the future?

Will you be insulated enough?

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. UR moving from city's stadium to on-campus facility. Not big enough for DI.

7. 93Devil

Yeah, I thought it was going to have 20,000 seats which I am not sure was big enough anyway.

Either way, the Diamond needs razed and the arena needs a refurbishing inside.

Actually, Wilder's car and security budget could have gone a long way in the arena.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

It's D-I, of the FCS (I-AA) variety. Approximately 9,000 seats, and is a downgrade from the 23,000 in its present stadium, which it has probably never filled.

To get the thread back on topic, the new columnist could probably buy a house in the neighborhood of said new stadium.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Crap, I didn't realize there was a third page, so my response is pointless.

10. imjustagirl

Nobody ever calls the deskers to bitch.

11. 93Devil

I was way off base.

I thought the school redoing its football field was trying to make a run at a Conference USA type of football program. Usually you don't drop money like that to just stay where you are.

UVA and Tech are the only programs in state with any football juice to anyone not an alumni of the school.

There are a lot of quality college hoops in the area, though. Plus the CAA Tourney is a nice weekend.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I got one last week from somebody bitching about the grammar in a quote from a Japanese guy. He also tried to say it wasn't in a quote. Fucktard. He apparently calls the EE everyday to bitch about the grammar errors in the paper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.