1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnist opening in Orlando

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thebiglead, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

It's been years since I responded to anything on this board. Wow, all I can say is the more things change, the less YOU guys change. The same bitter hacks that have been on this board since the beginning are still here spewing the same crap.

Jemele is talented. She writes circles around all of YOU small town wannabe sports writers. Might I suggest YOU fellas find a new career. Give it up. You're over 30, stuck in Smallsville and will never do better. It had to be said.

Jemele, meanwhile is good. She's insightful. You are always clear where she stands.

It's posts like these that make realize how bad an idea a board like this can be. You have IDIOT going nowhere small-paper writers taking shots at someone YOU should be trying to be like. Most, if not ALL OF YOU, will never be her level so all you can do is hate.

I'm not into downing other writers, but the two who have recently been mentioned in comparison to Ms. Hill are still very much in the make young white boys who haven't earned shit. It use to be in our business that you actually had to prove yourself as a beat writer before landing into cush assignments as those two have. They are both very talented writers, but covering LSU for a year hardly qualifies. It's funny because those are the two you IDIOTS should be angry with. Jemele has earned hers covering Michigan State, covering the NBA playoffs and the Olympics for several years.

Give her a chance and don't try to tear her down before she begins her new gig. But that would make too much sense.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

oy.

3. Jam3131

Jam3131 Member

Not to turn the conversation around or anything - but is The Orlando Sentinel going to replace Jemele?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wish just one of the Page 2 columnists had 1/1,000th of the talent Whitlock has...

5. Mizzougrad96

Can anybody truly replace Jemele Hill?

6. Mizzougrad96

I wish just one of the Page 2 columnists had 1/1,000th of the talent Whitlock has...
    Wow, the biggest disgrace in journalism makes an appearance... We should all bow...

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

(Webby's head explodes contemplating a whitlock/scoop pay-per-view thread...)

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nah. They're just going to run a little "Jemele Hill worked here" blurb at the bottom left corner of the sports section each day.

Kind of like the monuments in Yankee Stadium.

9. Mizzougrad96

Can Jemele and Sally Jenkins fight on the undercard?

10. Dave Kindred

Dave Kindred Member

Amen, ditto, and second the motion.
    Anytime sportswriting produces a great job, we all should celebrate. A rising tide lifts all ships, somebody said, maybe Yogi, maybe even Scoop.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I NOTE with some DISMAY that Rokski, SPORTSBRUH and now scoop_returns all share the SAME AFFINITY for CAPS.

GO figure.

12. Mizzougrad96

I'm sorry but I can never celebrate some of the greats in our business like Whitlock being replaced by Jemele and Scoop...

I agree with you in theory though... :)

Draft saved Draft deleted