1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnist, Lansing, Michigan

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Lansing, MI: Sports columnist. We're looking for a sports columnist to be the voice for our section. The priorities are Michigan State football and basketball, but we also want our columnist to provide regular commentary on high school sports and community events. In addition, the columnist will be expected to produce an enterprise package quarterly and contribute to our online product. At least five years’ experience required. Apply to Executive Editor Mickey Hirten.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

from what I hear, it's not a bad gig, even though it is Gannett.

3. WSKY

WSKY Member

And you get to bag on the Sparty football team five months out of the year. At least when hoops season comes around there will be some fun. Sounds like a sweet gig.

4. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

How about Tom Izzo for this gig?

He was suggested as a candidate for the football job. So when he's not coaching hoops (or football) he could opine on his decision-making ability in his spare time. Sounds logical to me.

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

I think Izzo would make a fantastic columnist. He pretty much can do it all in the eyes of Sparty fans.

6. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

paging slappy.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

you rang?

Draft saved Draft deleted