1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnist, Kansas City

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by jeffro88, Mar 25, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Same (knowing someone there). It's a bad, bad situation.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Several years ago, The Bee had arguably the best NBA coverage in the country. Now, the section is an embarrassment. There are still very good writers and editors there, but when you see a staff cut by about two-thirds, it's just a given that the paper is going to suck. McClatchy gets 100 percent of the blame for that.

I don't remember where the Bee's other columnist went. He used to do a lot of work for ESPN.com, but I don't think I've seen his byline in a few years.

3. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Mark Kreidler? I think he has written a couple of books and is contributing elsewhere, maybe including espn.com

4. Mizzougrad96

Kreidler is very good. I just preferred Voisin. One of the former Bee sports columnists is now the mayor's spokesperson.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I believe that is Bob Graswich.

6. Mizzougrad96

I think he went by R.E. Graswich, but that's him. He was attacked by Ralph Sampson for something he wrote about 20 years ago. Hell of a columnist...

7. Elmwood44

Elmwood44 New Member

Perhaps this will give you more clarity: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/02/2843357/star-announces-layoffs.html
    Just announced a second round of layoffs this year and The Star's fifth round in the last year and a half.

8. kamikaze021

kamikaze021 Member

Has anybody heard any more about this job?

9. kamikaze021

kamikaze021 Member

Sorry...this was the wrong post.

Draft saved Draft deleted