1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnist happy to see NFL personnel laid off

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DCguy, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

How stupid

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

Makes me appreciate women (hello, Mrs. Editude) who think deeper than this claptrap and see sports for what they are: reality, entertaining and a net positive. Don't like? How 'bout complaining about it in a barely-there magazine whose claim to fame is ranking colleges for the grandkids of its readers?

3. DCguy

DCguy Member

Ouch.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

No one thought at her office to say, "No, this is just stupid. Go write something else."

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Even worse than that... they're now going monthly.

http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/article/SB122715803871244023.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

(You have to hunt for the info a tad.)

6. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

Dear Bonnie,
    Shut the fuck up and don't watch it if you don't like it.

I'm a dick for writing this, but I truly believe some people do need to lose their jobs. She's one.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

US News . . . always the kid whining "I wanna play, too", even fifty years ago . . . has slid off the cliff. Used to be
    a library staple. How many libraries carry the thing, now?

A vanity pub? You said it, I didn't.

8. Michael Barone - wanker and destroyer of magazines.

9. Well, at least we have someone to replace "Lovely and Talented" as most despised blogger.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

wonder is she thinks the hundreds of thousands of people out of work in the contstruction, financial, media and automotive industry is a good thing?

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Awesome.

12. DCguy

DCguy Member

I'm sure she'd say those industries are filled with meat-headed sexist jerks.

Draft saved Draft deleted