1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnist happy to see NFL personnel laid off

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DCguy, Dec 10, 2008.

1. DCguy

DCguy Member

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/erbe/2008/12/09/nfl-football-is-hurt-by-the-recession-good.html

Just thought it was funny ridiculous ...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I now know that I would rather read something by Mark Madden than Bonnie Erbe (crossthreading), who I had never heard of until today.

3. DCguy

DCguy Member

They would make the perfect odd couple.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Dear Bonnie:

The tricky thing about attempting to be clever and pithy is when you fail, you just sound like a pathetic shrew.

Those folks who got laid off by the NFL aren't 'macho, meat-headed, tobacco-spitting men.' They're hard-working, professionals with families and educations and lives, people who take great pride in the careers they've built. As a matter of fact, many of them work in media, just like you.

You don't like the NFL, don't watch. You need cerebral stimulation that doesn't involve a ball, read a fucking book. Maybe you can find one that explains why decent people don't celebrate the unemployment of others.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dear Bonnie:

I'll be sure to write and mock you when you get laid off too.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Writes the dope working for the magazine which recently went to twice a month from weekly.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Great blog. Can I get the RSS feed siphoned directly into my toilet?

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

YAWN!!!

Why do websites even publish dope like this? I guess such is the price of free speech.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Dear Bonnie,

When you get cut from your job, would be you be offended if others danced on your professional grave?

Sincerely,
    Someone who occasionally tries to empathize

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yes, people losing their jobs is always good for a guffaw.

11. DCguy

DCguy Member

Funny because it was so ridiculous. This woman is bat-shit crazy. I'm not laughing at anyone who loses their job.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Moron... I hate sports, therefore it must be good news...

Draft saved Draft deleted