1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnist, Denver Post - Calling the next Woody Paige

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Victor Smalley, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Hey_Moe!

Hey_Moe! New Member

Wait a minute ... you think SAS is great on the NBA?

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Just to clarify, I didn't advocate for or against either Spears or Bryant.  I cross paths with both a couple times a year, so I was interested in the discussion. 

That is all...

3. gumbojumbo

gumbojumbo Guest

Shouldn't we actually be able to stomach one Woody Paige before we call for the next one?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

First of all, Thomas George didn't replace Woody Paige. Mark Kiszla did. This is the No. 2 columnist job.

Great job. Great paper. I hope Spears gets it.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Denver Broncos coverage. It rules the land in that town. Hence the short deadline.

6. Mizzougrad96

I suspect it will be an in-house hire unless someone unexpected applies...

7. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

Right you are, Mizzou. The job is being filled with an internal candidate. I imagine congrats are in order for Marc.

8. Mizzougrad96

Is this official? If so, congrats to Marc. Great NBA writer who broke a ton of news.

Now the Post has lost both of its Nuggets writers within the last month or so. It will be interesting to see what happens.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow, from what i hear a real up and comer got the job. congrats to mon stertitz. she came out of northwestern and did a helluva job at her first stop along the way in sunny southern california.

this paper should feel lucky to get her. an f'in stud by all accounts.

10. Mizzougrad96

Spears has covered pro baseball and major college sports so I think the notion that he'll be out of his league on anything other than the NBA is a joke.

11. I know who got this job. Great hire.

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

As long as making the proclamation doesn't require me to reveal who the hire is, I will say that I know who got this job just to draw attention to myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted