1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnist, Austin American-Statesman

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jersey_Guy, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ha.

really that bad boots?

2. boots

boots New Member

If you like getting pulled over by John Law at least once every three months, it's a great place.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

that's right, boots has worked at every newspaper in america. it really is amazing

4. boots

boots New Member

Amazing is Austin the city. The Statesman is not. Read and weep.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Austin is not as racist as you make it out to be, Boots.
    I have friends who live there and I've spent time in the place myself.
    Blacks are welcome in Austin. They don't have to shine anyone's shoes or sign up with the kitchen help, either.
    They can live as normal, everyday citizens with the whites, hispanics and other ethnic groups there.
    They can enjoy Sixth Street festivities, too.
    Go out and look for yourself, Boots. Blacks go out on Sixth Street and into the restaurants along with everyone else in Austin.
    It's a fact!
    The paper? If I had to use one word to describe the sports section I'd say "understaffed"

6. boots

boots New Member

WTF does race have to do with anything? White people get pulled over very frequently by the Austin police thank you very much.

7. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

What's up?
    Yellow, purple, what?

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Somoans, Do the Humpty Hump, come and do the Humpty Hump.

9. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

Dude, not humpin, just bumpin...

10. Even better than going on these threads and asking the same question over and over, you could try going to the newspapers' Web sites and see for yourself.

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

quote]Does the American-Statesman give a lot of coverage to the Round Rock Express, and does anyone know if they might be looking for a new beat writer?

Even better than going on these threads and asking the same question over and over, you could try going to the newspapers' Web sites and see for yourself.Isn't that the case with a lot of posts on this board? You could look on the web sites to find a lot of answers to most of these questions but people do it here to save time. Jerk.

12. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Just letting you know that I haven't really seen any big wanted ads in too many papers' websites looking for writers to cover Minor League beats, or any sort of beats for that matter. This is called being a rookie in the business and trying to find a decent job. I really am sorry if I have offended you in any possible way, whatsoever. Ease up. Weren't you in a position like this before? If you want me to stop with these posts, give me some information that could lead to a job.

Draft saved Draft deleted