1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columbus, Ga. and Surrounding Areas.......

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by JosephC.Myers, Aug 13, 2013.

1. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Fall sports (both high school and college) have either cranked up or are getting ready to and your publication might not be able to travel as much as it might like. Maybe your publication or Web site is needing a good feature story written on a tight deadline. If either or both of these situations apply to you and you're needing some help and you'd like a bylined gamer, feature, notebook, etc., I'm available for both in-person game/event coverage as well as features done over the phone.
    I'm actually an Active Duty Army soldier (not a big secret to those of you who've been on here for more than about 25 seconds) stationed at Fort Benning, Ga. (Columbus, Ga.), but am available for games/events as far north as Coweta County in the north, Macon to the east, Montgomery or Auburn, Ala. to the west and pretty far south as well. So, if you have a school or team coming to the Bi-City area to face either a local high school team, Columbus State University or Chattahoochee Valley Community College, I'm your guy.
    I was a sports writer for multiple newspapers in Tennessee and Georgia before joining the Army, so I'm not new to the business. I've been in the sports writing business for 18+ years and have clips and references (some of whom post on here) if you need them. Some of my recent stories have been published in The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer, Lubbock (Texas) Avalanche-Journal, The Macon Telegraph, Gainesville (Ga.) Times, Gwinnett Daily Post and Sherdog.com, one of the top mixed martial arts Web sites on the Internet.
    If you're interested, PM me or e-mail me at josephc.myers@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance and I look forward to talking with you soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted