1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colts release Peyton Manning. *UPDATE -- Mort: Manning to Broncos*

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yes. I appreciate the fact that Manning said Tebow's name and didn't beat around the bush or make vague references.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That, and the John Elway factor, listening to this news conference, appears to have been huge as well.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Sort of something that is not really that important but - seeing Manning standing next to John Elway, I never realized just how much bigger Manning is than Elway.

And Manning handled the Tebow questions perfectly - "I'm a Tebow fan" he said.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've always hated Elway. He was a Stanford guy, I was a Cal guy. He was a Bronco, I'm a Raider fan. Just one of those guys who I felt had so much handed to him (didn't like the Colts - so I'll play baseball...with the freakin' Yankees!).
    That said - he did a pretty amazing thing with the Manning deal. I could see a lot of people in his position reluctant to bring in someone who could usurp his position as "the man." Even if this thing falls flat and Manning is one and done, they still have eased Tebow out of the way.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Watching the whole process has been amazing, up to his answers now talking about Tebow. It's a major coup for him and the organization.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Manning is, and has always been, a great, great guy.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I love John Elway. Having said that, I didn't know horses utilized Botox.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Any word from Peyton yet on where's he is going to sign?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It absolutely does, and I will always admire IJAG for her word choice in that post.

Draft saved Draft deleted