1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colts release Peyton Manning. *UPDATE -- Mort: Manning to Broncos*

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 6, 2012.

1. printit

printit Member

Re: Mortensen: Colts to release Peyton Manning

This times 1,000,000. I have never seen the "tutor/mentor" thing work. Ever.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Ahem, Rob Lowe had this WEEKS ago. Fuck Mort!

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I know you're joking, but didn't Lowe tweet Peyton was retiring?

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Now Indy needs to prove it takes the next logical step as a pro sports town and support its franchise without an iconic player as its front man. Still an open question for me.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Given the large number of non-Manning jerseys at LOS, I suspect the crowds will stay.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Irsay better hope so.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Now, you have to wonder who's going to take the risk to sign Manning, who, after three or whatever neck surgeries, and who turns 36 in three weeks, is merely just a rental option for some desperate team for 3-4 years.

Got to figure it'll be a race between KC, Oakland or even Tennessee.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'll still support the Colts, but you have to wonder how that season-ticket list looks right about now. I suspect tickets will be easy to come by for a few years.

I also think Jim Irsay just may have become the most hated man in all of Indianapolis to some people. But that's just me.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Look how hated Ted Thompson was when he pushed Favre out the door. Three years later they won the Super Bowl.

The Colts need to be very active in free agency over the next two years. If they are, and Luck is half as good as people think, the Colts will be fine.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Will there be a wave of retirements or free agent departures among the other old Colts? A rookie QB's learning curve is kind of tough on wideouts and blockers, too. Please note, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's just the wheel of change.
    I believe it would be in Manning's best interest to just retire, but Hall of Famers aren't built that way. He'll have to fail in action before he considers it.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I expect Jeff Saturday will either retire or go with Manning to whatever team is next. The rest of the line is due for a makeover anyway, whether Peyton came back or not. I also can't see both Wayne and Garcon returning in free agency. Probably neither. So yeah, I think you'll see a couple of retirements and several free agent departures.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

He will become a Skin.

Draft saved Draft deleted