1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colt McCoy pops the question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressboxer, Jan 13, 2010.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

on the left what?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

On the last play of his college career, Baylor quarterback J.J. Joe took a knee and pointed at the message board. Displayed thereon was a similar message to his girlfriend. I don't remember hearing anything about a violation for that, and it happened in-game, when he was definitely still a student-athlete.

And....for what it's worth, Joe did not make himself available to the media after the game.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I believe that is correct.

I think the NCAA has cracked down on using the scoreboard in recruiting (although I could be wrong). I think it's on the list of things, such as having jerseys with the recruit's name on it, plus the lobster dinners that have been banned.

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Of course, the big question is how many of McCoy's former teammates (hell, guys in general) will want to wring his neck. I would think the bar on marriage proposals inthat part of the country has been raised a bit and some girls will expect the same, if not more, when their turn comes up.

Thank God I'm just a looser with women who has never had to worry about such things.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

And then the untested freshman will come in and be overmatched.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Congrats to Colt.

7. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

J.J. rarely did.

8. She looks like a tropical fish?

9. 22-year olds think they know everything. What an idiot.

Draft saved Draft deleted