1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colorado school bans game of Tag

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We played it every day after school... One of the greatest games ever...

2. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

I remember in elementary school we had a game we played in phys ed called "Machine Gun Run." Basically, you had two lines of 10-15 kids standing face-to face, one at the halfcourt line and the other at the baseline. They were all armed with those rubber gym-class balls -- not the big ones for kickball, but the smaller, softball-sized versions. Then you had another group of 5-10 kids would would have to run through the crossfire. The one who made it across -- if anyone did -- was the winner. More often than not, it turned out to be a re-enactment of Pickett's Charge, with the running group playing the role of the Confederates.

Good times.

Kids today wouldn't last a minute if they had to relive my childhood. And that's not even counting the just-hit-puberty, awkward-phase years.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hell, we used to jump off our garage roof for fun. Now that I think of it, no wonder I have a 26'' inseam.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Unless it was a parking garage, color me unimpressed.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Oh yeah? I also jaywalked! Twice.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Parking garage? Candyass.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm afraid of, and awed by, all of you. Please continue.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Didn't say what we were jumping IN, did I?

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Shit......we took turns jumping off a 10-foot high garage onto a trampoline soaked with water from a garden hose to see how high we would bounce and how big a splash there was.

How that thing never broke is a modern miracle.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Next presidential debate for both sides, or in the general election debates I want a moderator to ask the question - Should games like tag or dodgeball be banned from schoolyards nationwide?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

At the rate we're going varsity baseball will allow everybody to bat and nobody will keep score...

We're quickly becoming a nation of pussies and it completely disgusts me...

I want my kids to play dodgeball, tag and smear the queer. I want them to come home crying after they lose so they'll be able to fully appreciate how great it feels to win. I want them to know what healthy competition feels like...

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I tell my kids to be friendly to kids who are different or are being ignored or picked on and not to let anyone bully anyone else ... but I think I like your way better.

Draft saved Draft deleted