1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colorado school bans game of Tag

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Have we reached the nadir in the sissification of America? The game of Tag has been banned at a Colorado school because some parents complained it was harrassing to their kids.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070830/ap_on_fe_st/odd_tag_banned;_ylt=AnMm.yPmjhkbT.PLo.82.AvtiBIF

The future of our country is in good hands--as long as our children don't have to face any adversity.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Tag. You're it, Kirk. .... Loser!

3. Good. I'm glad they banned tag. "You're it"? No, we're all it. We're all part of the problem and part of the solution. You don't just slap somebody and run away, handing off all responsibility to the next person. That's not the way things work, and we shouldn't teach our children that's the way problems our solved.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

this isn't freeze tag, right?

And watch it, Ace, or I'll break out the dodge balls.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Kids are such pussies nowadays.

We were so much tougher when I was a kid. In grade school we played dodge ball with croquet balls.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Fixed.

Kids are kids, they learn how to be pussies from their parents.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Really fixed

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You played with balls? In my day, we played with jagged rocks and broken Colt 45 bottles. Knocked out or not out, that was our rule.

Also, we played Spin the Bottle, but whoever the bottle pointed to, you had to fight him.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Somewhere, Mike Hampton weeps.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Pussy. At birthday parties we bobbed for french fries.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Please, Nancy. French fries you can eat. Try that with M-80s. That's the only way to celebrate someone's sixth birthday.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

A parent who complained probably had Ben-Gay put in their jockstrap as a freshman ... on the chess team.

Draft saved Draft deleted