1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Color Me Crazy - My Latest Project

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Two computers/work and home.

2. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

I like it. Still trying to figure out why most newspapers refuse to do this. Maybe if enough subscription sites like this pop up newspapers will get the idea. And *gasp* maybe some of us will get our jobs back!

3. Moderator1

Well, if I get enough subscriptions, an investor or both - some of you will get a job. If I get a big enough investor, I'll expand into other states.
    We had a couple of SJ members sign up yesterday. Can't tell you how much I appreciate that. Seriously.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Mr. Moderator 1:
    I just looked at your site and was impressed with your undertaking. There is a big void in the Old Dominion and you have an opportunity to fill it and possibly your pockets at the same time. I wish you nothing but the best and let me know via PM if I can be of any assistance.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Didn't ODU nearly sell its entire inventory of season tickets for its first football season this year? I remember seeing something like 15,000 season tickets sold, or something silly like that.

6. Moderator1

ODU football has done very well in sales. I hope to do a story on that next week.
    But by Old Dominion, Drip meant the state. That's the nickname of the state.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Curious about photos. I had a site a few years back and ran into infringement rights with several entities. Is that a concern of yours?

8. Moderator1

No - because I'm getting pix from schools or straight from photogs. We have permission for all photos we use. Fortunately, I have a few photographer friends who have been kind to us. Part of the business plan for WHEN I get an investor is to buy a huge photo library.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No shit, Moddy, ya think? The reference simply reminded me of ODU and its new football team.

10. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

Love the idea, and it looks like you've got a really good staff.

One criticism: The flag looks, I dunno, amateurish. I'm not a designer, so I can't articulate what about it that makes it look that way, but that was the first thing I noticed.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Have we established what color crazy is yet?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Blue and red. :D :D :D

Draft saved Draft deleted