1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colonial Bank Sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Before SouthTrust Bank got swallowed by Wachovia, there used to be signs clearly posted at the entrances of a couple of local branches that said no hats and no sunglasses were allowed inside the bank.

So I quit banking at SouthTrust.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I went into a Washington Mutual a couple of weeks ago for the first time and you couldn't get me to bank there if that were the only one in existence.

The (few) tellers stand behind kiosks sprinkled around the room. And they don't have access to any cash. If you have change coming from your transaction, you go to a machine on one side of the room and it spits it out for you.

I can understand how this might lessen the chance of a holdup, but from a customer service standpoint, it's a god-awful idea. Whoever thought of this idea ought to be fired pronto.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Back when I lived in the big city, TCF messed up my account in a huge, huge way. So I closed my accounts there and went to a credit union. One of the best decisions I ever made. Big banks bite. :mad:

Being in a small town now, I bank at the local establishment. The tellers know me by name, and on the rare occasion that there may be a discrepancy of some sort, they will actually call me. I have also come in on the bankers deadline with a deposit, and they will make sure the deposit is on that same day's business.

There are up-sides to small town living. :D

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. How some of you can remember and resurrect years-old threads is astounding.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I used Colonial Bank for years growing up, and never had a problem.

As for the current news: ba da bump, bump, bump.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

My company bought Colonial Bank, which has locations in Las Vegas. I am willing to do whatever it takes to help with the transition there.

8. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

One can't help but to think Friday's takeover will hurt Auburn's football "recruiting budget". :)

RB

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why do I get the feeling that the NCAA will now get involved, and will put Elon University on probation?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Aubie's not untouchable... if there's something behind it, Aubie goes down. But given the relationship between Tubby and Lowder, I'd be surprised if there were shenannigans...

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Don't you think that's what's been happening the last couple of years anyway?

Seriously, if Lowder's death grip on that school gets broken, it would be the best thing to happen to Auburn from an education standpoint.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

On some financial forums I frequent, there are people who take it even further. Besides doing that, they also accept every 0 percent card offer they get, take out the maximum and let it earn interest before paying it back on the final day before the introductory zero-percent runs out.

Draft saved Draft deleted