1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cologne

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

You've got to visit the Kolner Dom, a magnificent, soaring cathedral, and don't miss the local beer, kolsch, which is served in thin glasses that look a little like test tubes.

That's my take on the subject.

2. Mira

Mira Member

My hubby wears Acqua Di Gio. It rocks. Good stuff. I really like Jo Malone, based out of London. They make a wide range of colognes that are mixable and unisex.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

According to my girlfriend, cologne is the cheap stuff. I am not sure why. But it is.

It doesn't matter, because I will never wear a perfume. And when I smell a man wearing perfume, it gives me a headache.

My girlfriend is European. She has given up trying to make me European. I just make fun of the things she suggests. She once told me I need a fragrance (pronounced frahgrahnce with her accent). I said no way. Things like that have become a running joke. When a man dresses the way she tries to dress me, or wears perfume, I tell her he's either gay or European. Take your pick. She tells me I am an unsophisticated American. But I am an unsophisticated American in comfy jeans and a ratty t-shirt and a baseball cap and no perfume when Sunday comes around. And I don't see how that can be bad.

The baseball cap -- which I really don't wear a lot of -- symbolizes everything about horrible American male fashion sense for her.

We were in Paris last year and she pointed out this guy she thought was good looking. The first thing I saw was the woman's scarf he was wearing. He was a good-looking guy, with longish hair, a European-cut suit. ... and a women's scarf.

And I am the one who is unsophisticated.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Funny guy. Let me know when your standup act returns to Vegas.

5. Mira

Mira Member

Martin Kaymer was wearing a scarf in the Accenture match-play golf event last weekend. Looked silly. Though it was cold in Tucson, so I'm sure he got good use out of it.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I still wear Acqua Di because the girls in college called in "Sex in a bottle".

I also like this new dolce and gabana for men and Lacoste.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I like Davidoff's Cool Water

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Jo Malone ain't cheap. A friend of ours who works a lot in London ended up giving my wife a bottle of perfume as a birthday present 10 years ago. That's been a very expensive habit ever since.

I am true to my Brooklyn roots and always go with the cologne. The one I have used for the past 15 or so years is Sung Homme. Not that expensive and smells great.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Canoe, Blue Velvet, Masakki, Olde Spice, Perry Ellis, Dolce Cabana, Acqua Di Gio, British Sterling. All are in my camp and all work well with the opposite sex.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

To me, there's nothing sexier than a man who just smells like soap and shampoo. Clean. A man's natural scent is extremely hot, don't mess with that.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm with 21 for the most part. But a LIGHT scent isn't terrible. Just don't go all 70s and bathe in the shit.

12. Mira

Mira Member

I am addicted to Jo Malone. I admit it. They don't sell it in the state where I live, so I like the exclusivity. The Pomegranate Noir for men is killer, while the Orange Blossom for women is one of the best-ever fragrances in my world.

Draft saved Draft deleted