1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cologne

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Thinking about buying some, but not sure. I've read that it's a great accessory. I've also read to avoid it all together and just stay clean and showered up and that's fine.

I used to wear Acqua di Gio (sp?), but I'm worried that that I might be growing out of that at age 30-ish.

Any thoughts and experiences to share?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's actually the stuff I use, the rare times I ever use it. (At my rate, the bottle will run out in about a thousand years) Women I date seem to like it, so I don't mess with it.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Don't laugh: Victoria Secret's Very Sexy for Him.

It's currently batting 1.000.

4. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Interesting. I wasn't sure. I like how it smells, but I'm no good at judging. I would probably splash on Drakkar or Axe if I didn't know better! I'm sophisticated in other areas, but my nose is a horrible guide.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Wicked,

Do they still make that? I used to wear it and never bothered getting any more.

I'd like to start wearing it again.

As for the original question, it's important you try the cologne on yourself first because it won't smell the same as it does in the bottle or on someone else.

Grey flannel is a good heavy scent. And I like hugo boss as well.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Usher's cologne is good.

Did I say that out loud?

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Yep. And you can even <a href="http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265407257763&c=Page&cid=1295527772982&pagename=vsdWrapper">buy it online</a> so you don't have to walk out of VS with a pink bag.

They also have <a href="http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265407252431&c=Page&cid=1295527772982&pagename=vsdWrapper">another variation</a> that's proven to be a winner.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Brooks Brothers Royall Manadarin is top notch.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Cologne just screams out a lack of social consciousness.
    Most high end designer fragrances are petrochemical based. You are basically mainlining chemicals and ruining the environment in the process.

Consider not wearing cologne as part of you personal sustainability plan.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Easy does it on the Axe Body Spray. You smell like the interior of a 1985 Mustang.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

How much did that set you back?

The hooker. Not the cologne.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Man, I used a ton of that and Febreeze last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted