1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colo. State student paper

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by cougargirl, Sep 24, 2007.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Any moron can drop an f-bomb. You don't give the enemy an excuse to overact with impunity.
    Kid could've made the point against Bush without using it, and the advertisers who pulled their ads, the school administrators and the commentariat would look like overreacting idiots. All he does is allow the Bill O'Reillys of the world to look like heroes.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Exactly.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Not so much in my book. I just hate folks who think they are important when, in reality, they ain't.

4. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Sorry, I meant to use the blue font on that one.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I figured as much.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The kid is a genius... He is now 1,000,000 times better known than any of the other journalism students who will be looking for a job upon graduation... He'll scream about the first amendment and ride that all the way to his first job...

Not a bad plan for a kid who goes to a third-rate journalism school...

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Would you hire him?

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i don't think it'll help him one bit. chances are, his name will be long forgotten by anyone who could help him land a job by the time he starts sending out resumes. and if he reminds them of this little free press/speech ditty, i'm betting the resume goes straight to file 13 in most newsrooms.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He may get a good first job, a la Krystal Grow, but what about a second job? Third job? Fourth job?

People remember stunts like this.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Third-rate? You're being much too kind.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's all about getting that first job. Then you have to prove yourself... I wouldn't hire him, but somebody will...

12. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Krystal Grow got a good first job? Where? I'm honestly curious.
    And there's no way in hell this douchenozzle will be able to use this in a positive way to further his career.

Draft saved Draft deleted