1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colleges getting bitter about copycat logos

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fixed.

But any high school that can't come up with a logo and fight song of its own is still fucking pathetic.

Christ, my goddamn GRADE SCHOOL has a fight song and logo of its own.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My high school used to use the Iowa logo, until Iowa sent the school a cease-and-desist letter. The school uses Ohio State's fight song.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My high school uses the Oregon "O" now, different color scheme.

They sell a shit ton of Oregon gear there even though the Ducks are half a country away. Just plain grey, black and white t-shirts and hats. All Nike stuff, so I don't see a huge problem with the logos.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Your high school has a toilet seat for a logo? ;)

5. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

My school adopted the Packers/Georgia logo a year or so after I graduated, prior to that they just had "Bulldogs" in script.

6. Crash

Crash Active Member

Right letter, right reason, wrong city and school. My high school was one of the first secondary schools in the Midwest/South, and I believe the story goes that the original name of the school was Boys High School, often shortened to just "High." Thus, they use the H. Always have, always will. And, given the school's rich academic and athletic history, the alumni base would riot if it ever changed.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

We had Memphis Central up here a couple of years ago at a basketball tourney. All their stuff had the "H" on it. At first we were asking, "Uh, who the hell is that? Memphis Central or not? Why do they have an H on their stuff? We'll, they're from Memphis so they probably can't spell MC."

Everyone in the stands was asking the same things. It made for a nice tourney sidebar one day.

Draft saved Draft deleted