1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colleges Editor, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RanaCash, Jun 7, 2007.

1. So is it safe to say that anyone under 30 that isn't' an "'effing stud" need not apply?

2. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

Julia and Rana sure would like a woman in this job.

3. El Mas Chingon

El Mas Chingon New Member

Any update on this job?

4. boots

boots New Member

Do not look for this job to be decided until mid-to-late August at the earliest. There is also a possibility that it may be filled in-house as well.

5. chubster

chubster Member

bump ... any word on this?

6. Shark_Juumper

Shark_Juumper Member

Is David Wellham still at the AJC? Despite the fact that he's male, he seems to be a good fit for this.

7. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Been a while here ... any word?

rb

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

i was wondering the same thing. i know they had a very good pool of candidates.

9. Wag

Wag New Member

FYI, this job is still open. I can tell you that one person -- male, not female, for those who believe Julia would mandate a woman being hired -- has turned the job down, but I don't know why. D'Alessio is largely overseeing the hiring and interviewing process.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I was told today that something was close but it may be the person you mentioned who turned it down. I did not get a name.

11. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

I think people may be scared off by the weird, new management structure.
    But I also have heard that something may be close, maybe even this week.

12. Wag

Wag New Member

If somebody's scared off my the new management structure, that's lame. Name one place right now that doesn't have issues. At least the staff at the AJC isn't being chopped in half like in other places. This is as good a job as you're going to find today, and there's a great staff to work with.

Draft saved Draft deleted