1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colleges Editor, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RanaCash, Jun 7, 2007.

1. So 43 people just took buyouts. And now they're hiring people to replace some of those guys. Wonder what the payscale is going to be.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

As opposed to negative advantages?

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I don't know that I'd read much into that. The person this job is replacing just got promoted, and the new person will be overseeing the highest-profile beat in sports, if not the entire paper. The person who gets this job will be well-paid.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Since this is a job for which I'm not a good fit, since it's supervisory, I think I can speak honestly when I say this is the best position advertised on this board in 2007. Apply and see what happens. Since so many people on this board are college sports oriented, there must be some outstanding candidates lurking about.

5. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

It is a good job. I would wonder, "Who's my boss?" Since there's no sports editor, I mean.

6. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Definitely one of the best jobs posted this year. Up there with the senior editor at NFL.com and the ASE at AP.

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

i didn't know the ASE for the AP job was so high up there.

8. The NYTimes job recently posted wasn't half bad.

9. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Ah, that's just for a writer. ;)

Kidding. Yes, very good as well.

10. Shane

Shane New Member

Under the newspaper's new organizational chart, the college sports editor at the JC would report directly to the old college sports editor, Jeff Dalessio. All the assistant sports editors, beat writers and columnists — everyone except for the three or four people who will work there in the new enterprise department — are under him now, it's my understanding.

11. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

Sounds like D'Alessio is the new sports editor ...

Except he has no say-so on production of print or Web edition??

12. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

good point ... good catch ... my bad

Draft saved Draft deleted