1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Station, Texas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Heading there on Saturday for a week.

Having never been to the Lone Star State, just how bad is the heat there the first week of August compared to Fla., etc.?

Thanks in advance.

2. Next time you're in a public bathroom stand under an air dryer. That's what Texas weather feels like.

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Good luck. I moved to central Texas last year in the August heat and it was unpleasant.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Write & UT: Thank God I'm only there for a week, then!

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You'd better hope there's no hurricanes around. They don't do a good job preparing for them:

[​IMG]

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I don't know about College Station, but if it's any comfort, Austin's having one of the coolest summer's one record... they're also all under water.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I thought the entire state was having a really cool summer? We've only been in the 105-110 range a couple of times this summer, after having it for 20 consecutive days last summer.

8. See, that's fucked up. I live in a southern state that's been 98, 99 for the last few months now and I thought that was hot until I got on a plane and landed in Texas. That's fucking hot.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, in West Texas we have one thing going for us: little, to no humidity. Though there has been so much fucking rain this summer it has seemed humid to those of us not used to it. Plus, I have had to get use to mosquitoes again after leaving them behind in Idaho.

10. True. It rained the other day and instead of cooling everything off I felt like I was in a fucking sauna.

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

The first time it rained after I moved, I was thrilled. Surely, it was finally going to cool off, at least for a few hours.

Not so much. It was so humid, it was like being steamed alive. I was dismayed.

12. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Go to Dixie Chicken. Repeatedly. Have Shiner Bock. Walk on the grass. Refer to the college there as "M&A" in honor of the Ags calling the college in Austin "TU." And bring two shirts for every day you'll be there because you'll sweat a lot.

Oh and read that.

http://www.geocities.com/longhorn6482/JimRome.html

Draft saved Draft deleted