1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College RapidReports Correspondent, CBSSports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by alylemoss, Jan 20, 2011.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I want this as my alma mater is on the list and I still live kind of close to it. Good post.

2. UIScribe26

UIScribe26 New Member

Anyone know what kind of a timetable they have given? Is it realistic to expect all these positions being filled by April 1?

3. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

The network isn't launching until July/August. I'd assume that means they'll take their time whittling down candidates.

4. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

I've heard they have begun naming winners.

5. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Yup. In many markets. I know they wanted to move fairly quickly so they could have people in place as they prepared to launch. So it's not like they were waiting around until July.

6. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I would hope so with spring football in action.

7. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Matt, they aren't launching until the fall. There isn't a rush to get spring coverage.

8. Matt Stephens

My bad. I'm just a spring ball fanatic. I love this time of year.

9. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Was told that the once the editorial folks have been finalized (sometime around April 1), they will begin releasing the names of the writers for each school.

I landed one of of the writing gigs. Very excited about it.

10. Matt Stephens

11. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

Yeah pretty confident the decisions have been made at this point. Just got a letter stating I wasn't selected. Gotta be appreciative to any organization that at least acknowledges your resume submission, even if it is a rejection. How many places don't even tell you anything?

12. D-K

D-K New Member

Yeah I heard back as well. No luck. I'm pretty sure location was a big factor here. Tony Moss seemed like a good one to work for though.

Best of luck to anyone who got one, seems like a great gig.

Draft saved Draft deleted