1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College RapidReports CBS Sports

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by cyclingwriter, Feb 8, 2011.

1. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Hiring 50 some people to cover college football and basketball. Weekly pay. No mention of rate, but this could be a fun gig.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1231105

2. mjslovin91

mjslovin91 Guest

Already a thread about this in the "jobs" board.

3. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

Sent along my info, but haven't heard anything. I'd imagine there have been quite a few inquiries on this one.

4. BigEast24

BigEast24 New Member

Does sound fun. Not really a full-time gig, no benefits most likely, working from home, long hours, low pay, etc. But as freelancing goes, this is about as good as it gets. Would like to know any updates on it if anyone's heard a word...

5. mjslovin91

mjslovin91 Guest

Anyone care to set the over/under on this one?

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Same. I submitted my resume about a week and a half ago...

7. BigEast24

BigEast24 New Member

the launch is set for late July. covering Spring Ball was talked about, but things will be rolling in July. sounds like many, if not all the positions haven't yet been decided. I'd expect competition to be particularly fierce. tough market. even tougher for things like this.

Draft saved Draft deleted