1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College professor tells stutterer to be quiet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

1. Solid, unspectacular story. Not as sensational as this thread makes it seem.

2. I've been in on conference calls recently for work with a very accomplished and educated person who happens to be a big stutterer. It personally annoys the piss out of me but what can you do but tolerate it? Obviously the guy has value or he wouldn't be in the position he's in.

3. I don't thank God enough that I do not have a stutter.

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

T-t-t-t-today, juniah!

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

There is one in every class. The worst are Poli Sci students.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, like I said a few posts previously. I doubt he got smacked down for stuttering out one question a day. He was likely the kid who just HAD to ask every inane question in their head. I still work with people like this, who make meetings an adventure.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

IEP is not a program, it's a plan used for kids in special education classes. have to check with a couple buddies who are teachers to be sure but i think 93devil is right about the IEP, that it does follow the kids throughout their schooling. from what i know it is a plan that the child study team and teachers put together for the student. it outlines goals and what the objectives should be for the teacher and student.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If your child qualifies for special education services (NOT for mentally handicapped only) the school district must provide those services, even if the child is homeschooled.

Draft saved Draft deleted