1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Mug Shots

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by SaltyDog, Nov 15, 2012.

1. SaltyDog

SaltyDog New Member

Trying to track down high-resolution mug shots of coaches and players from NCAA institutions is a constant struggle.

Some schools have high resolution mug shots available if you go to their site and click on their roster. That's always nice.

Some schools have ftp sites that include all mugs, logos, etc. That's even better. But there doesn't seem to be a list of these ftp sites anywhere so you still have to contact each school individually to ask if they have such a site.

Is there a central ftp location that has all of these schools available? I often wonder how tv always seems to have mugs but us print/online media have to work to obtain them.

I know the NCAA sometimes has an ftp site available for the men's basketball tournament that includes mugs and vector logos, but I'm wondering if there is anything similar to that for football and all sports for that matter.

Any thoughts?

2. kyleocker

kyleocker New Member

I don't know of one, but 'ditto' on your post. Seems like the NCAA could put something together, a better media site with at least all of the D1 SIDs on board and able to contribute content.

3. CamKrist

CamKrist New Member

Similar matter has already been discussed at yahoo answers. I can post the link if needed

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Find your answer here:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/3481378/

Email them for a password and they will send you one. It's a great site, and they told me I can share the password with whoever I want to in the office.

5. kyleocker

kyleocker New Member

I only have seen football stuff there though...need stuff for at least men's basketball as well, in my opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted