1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College links -- ruining ESPN Local

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Twoback, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

ESPN has ruined its ESPN local service when it comes to the colleges. No longer is the service providing top-story type links for college football and basketball (regardless of the fact I subscribed precisely for that reason). Instead, the college page gets you a link to all 300-plus teams in Division I, which basically forces you to sift through all of them to find what you want.
    And the links aren't very precise, either.
    Just to see how it would work, I clicked on the Texas page to see if anything's happening with Longhorns hoops. What did I find? Stories on Kevin Durant's injury.
    So besides giving me the chance to rant a little bit, the purpose of this thread is to ask whether anyone knows of a service out there that provides a daily linking service specific to the colleges, primarily basketball, that can give me a quick look at the best of what the daily papers are providing. Not worried about whether it'll cost a buck or two.

2. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I'm right there with ya, Twoback. I subscribe to the worthless ESPN The Rag for one reason _ to have access to the ESPN Local headlines via the Insider. The new system sucks. It appears to be based on key words and a lack of human control/editing.
    I, too, would like to hear of any "clipping services" for college football and bkb.

Draft saved Draft deleted