1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Kid Graduates!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, May 14, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

Dreunc, above, celebrates the end of the school year at Ithaca Elementary. :D

Congrats dude. It was great to meet you two summers ago and it's an honor to be listed among your advisors, though I can't think of anything I said other than RUN!!! RUN LIKE HELL!!!! It's also sobering to know that schools are as good at preparing their J grads for the future now as they were in 1996.

I wish you the best of luck, though you won't need it b/c you'll be a smashing success in whichever field you choose. Don't forget us when you're clearing six figures!! :D

(Before that, though, drink like hell)

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Solid job. It was hard work, I'm sure, but worth every bit of it.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Congrats, dude. I just did it a year ago. Enjoy it. There's no better feeling in the world than finally getting that diploma.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Thanks for all the kind words, especially from some of my favorite people on the site. I really enjoyed the picture, Beej, and for that Andy won't beat his wife tonight.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Man, what a lame hed.

(I kid, of course. And apropos of nothing, one of my favorite people is an Ithaca alum.)
    You've put in the work to get to this point, so I know you'll be successful on whatever path you choose.

Congrats, and cheers!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Congratulations dre! If anyone can make it starting out in journalism now, you can.

I'm sorry we haven't met, but if you find yourself in LA again, let me know. I'll be glad to buy some celebratory beers.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Dre! You've been a joy to read on here and chat with on AIM.

I wish you the best of luck in your journalism travails journey. :D

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Bout damn time dre.

Shouldn't you change it to dreith1542?

Seriously...congrats and good luck.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Congrats!

I'm proud to say I've drank with you in three states on both coasts. :) Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your awesome college experience and I can't wait to see where you go from here.

In the meantime, have another beer. You've earned it!

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Congratulations, good sir! If you make your way to the other side of the state, that is, toward the Vermont side, hit me up and I'll get you a celebratory adult beverage.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I had all the celebratory beers I could at our semi-formal, or as we called it, prom, tonight.

Cadet, it didn't even hit me that we've (and a certain other awesome person) had beers in three different states. That's so cool. Now if I can just find myself a job...

Oh, and probably the most interesting thing about me and my handle. I applied to 12 different schools and got accepted and scholarships to all of them; except for one. That one was UNC-Chapel Hill, which not only didn't give me a scholarship but rejected me. I only applied because I love their basketball team. I should have just applied to Duke or Stanford like I originally considered.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted