1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College hoops preseason coaches' poll is out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Oct 26, 2007.

1. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

I know UCLA is ultra-popular, but it's a ballsy pick considering the Bruins have 4-5 minute scoring droughts in seemingly every game.

I don't know the stat off the top of my head, but I think that since the three point shot started in college basketball, almost every champion has averaged over 80 points per game. If UCLA does that, color me surprised.

2. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

fixed

3. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Oddly enough UCLA averaged 72 points per game last year.

4. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

As a sophomore, Denton was 1/10th the player he was as a freshman, in terms of playing under control, handle, shot selection, temperament, etc.

He is the key for the Dawgs. (Unless Overton is ready...and better, which he could very well be).

Ditto on Pondexter being better than Hawes.

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I'm with you. UCLA's gonna have to show me they can score, especially without Afflalo.

Plus, it's worth nothing that the NCAA West regional is in Phoenix this year. In other words, looks like the Bruins are actually gonna have to leave the state to make the Final Four!!!

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Duke is way, way overrated. As usual.

7. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Georgetown is a Final Four team that has five of its top six back and three McDonald's All-Americans added to the mix. Don't see how the Hoyas are ranked behind Memphis.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT THE ACC IS! HOW ABOUT NORTH CAROLINA!!?!?! AND ROY WILLIAMS AND THE JOB HE'S DONE AT CAROLINA AND KANSAS! YOU KNOW, I DON'T THINK KANSAS FANS EVER HAVE APPRECIATED THE JOB HE'S DONE! AND LET'S NOT FORGET THE DOOKIES!!

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Has anyone done anything to start the anti-Atlantic Coast Conference crap?

10. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Georgetown had two Burger Boys this year, not three. The Hoyas will be really, really, really good, but you've got to account for them losing Jeff Green. He was the Big East player of the year and a lottery pick.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I hope someone taught Roy Hibbert how to be tough this year. Because last year he was way overrated.

12. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Was there anything more brutal than the Indiana/UCLA match-up last year in the NCAA tourney? What was it - 19-12 at halftime? (EDIT: It was 20-13, UCLA, at the half.)

Ben Howland, Kelvin Sampson and Tubby Smith are three coaches that shouldn't be allowed to play each other. In the interest of ratings - and more importantly, everyone's health who happens to watch - those coaches should be kept as far apart as possible.

I can't wait to watch the thrilling offensive battle that will be Minnesota/Indiana this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted