1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Hoops 11/13-11/19

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No need for a running thread to go the whole season. Anyway, Maryland has a 37 point halftime lead against St. John's. Yes, 37 points AT THE HALF!!! Nice job there, Johnnies.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's okay, St. John's. There's no disgrace in not showing up at your gym against a nationally ranked opponent on national t.v.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

What did you expect St. John's to do? They are still a work in progress under Roberts. I think they will be better. Not Big East top division-better, but middle of the road .500-better.

Tell telling KU that it's alright not be ashamed for getting beat in their house. ;)

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I didn't think St. John's would win. I thought that they'd at least show up.

5. Actually Maryland's not ranked. But that may be coming now.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You just had to bring that up, didn't you. :-\

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Oz, I didn't know you were lurking. It was definately not intentional to bring it up. ;)

I'm waiting for Missouri to have their annual non-conference meltdown, but Mike Anderson won't have any of it this year.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just joking around, anyway. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Happiness hinges on March. I'm never too, too concerned about what happens before then. Some highs, some lows, but you pretty much know what to expect from KU.

9. And Bill Self sends Oz a nice little something for the holidays...

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I covered a 97-27 women's game last night. That was a ball of fun.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

St. John's has some nice frontcourt talent in Hamilton, Spears and Mason Jr.

Its backcourt is another story altogether, though. Those guards couldn't hit water if they fell out of the proverbial boat.

Draft saved Draft deleted