1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College hoops 1/13-1/14 weekend

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Not a chance, OD.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

USC lost to UCLA by 1. Oh well.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Don't forget Rutgers.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Fuck! Being in another country during college basketball season is killing me. How were the Heels down by 21, they came into the game playing pretty well. I'm glad to hear they fought back, but that team is too talented to be down by 21 to anyone. Can anyone who watched the game explain why they were getting beaten so bad. Thank god my apartment will be getting internet soon and I can get CSTV online to watch the games, if it wasn't for that the withdrawal might be too much.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

23 actually. They fell behind because VT's senior guards played better than their freshman guards for much of the game.

6. WSKY

WSKY Member

Then they fell apart and nearly lost. I was actually pulling for UNC because the Hokies were playing so poor in the final few minutes. If anything, VT is pretty good, but their piss poor free-throw shooting will be their doom come March.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

8-9 in the final minute or so. Only thing that saved them.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Va Tech has to get some Top 25 votes, no?

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I know it's 1/15 but a fantastic game on ESPN between KU and Mizzou. I'm flipping between the game and the Golden Globes, but last I checked, Mizzou had a one point lead. KU fans screaming going into commercial probably means they just took the lead.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Get a fucking shot of Mizzou. Christ almighty

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Muck Fizzou. :D

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I didn't see this coming, not from 40 miles away. And I'm not going to beat my chest over a 3-point loss... but this is the possibly the worst team Mike Anderson will have at MU.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because I think a tide is turning. I hope any way.

And a big thanks goes to Bruce Weber, who can't get Sherron Collins or Julian Wright to come to Illinois. We're going to fucking love dealing with those guys for two or three more years. Thanks Bruce!

Draft saved Draft deleted