1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College hoops 1/13-1/14 weekend

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 13, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I saw that and was amazed that the announcers didn't even talk about it.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I saw the same thing when I replayed it a couple times to make sure my eyes hadn't deceived me.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Iowa state only down by one to Kansas with 11 minutes left. If it stays this close, this game could end with the excitement of the UT/Ohio St. game.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So that's what happened. Our local news decided to break into the game with less than 20 seconds left to inform us an ice storm is coming, like any viewers weren't aware of this situation since they had been running a warning at the top of the screen for the last 6 hours.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Terps hang on to beat Clempsun today. I'd have watched it if anyone in the world could see ESPNU. But it's invisible, so I just have to trust that the team looked good. Terps got 25 points off the bench. Solid game.

6. Marquette belts WVU around pretty good.
    Two straight against decent BE competition after sleepwalking against Providence and the 'Cuse.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

ESPN is supposed to show highlights at halftime of the UNC/VT game of the Terps. You can see if they looked good, flying headbutt. That's what I plan to do. I'm going through Terp withdrawl here since I only Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia Tech, and UNC.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

All bias aside, it should. Duke has quite a few more impressive wins over better competition. Given the way the Devils played on Saturday, we'll see which pollsters are actually paying attention and which ones simply moves teams up their lists as upsets occur.

Harding was spot-on. Alison Bales was very, very good. Why Brenda didn't shift more of the offense into Langhorne's hands I'll never know. Strong, strong win for Duke.

On the men's side, my school actually won a game ... who knew?

And THANK YOU MARYLAND! (Yo, Headbutt!) I was sick of the "Clemson is really good" crap. Sure, the Tigers aren't bad but they hadn't played anyone of note.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Props to the Tigers, though. Purnell has him a bunch o' cubs. Only two seniors. Clemson's next game -- vs. the Tar Heels at home. Now that would be a great upset.

Speaking of ... Va Tech is beating UNC as I type. Can the Hokies beat Duke AND UNC?

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

*cough*fluke*cough*

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

H-O-K-I-E-S Hokies!

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Beating UNC by a lot. I mean, when sxy said Tech was winning, I thought 5 points, not 21.

Draft saved Draft deleted