1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College hoops 1/13-1/14 weekend

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hokies and Heels today at a packed Cassell, can't wait.

Other games that look interesting ...
    Tennessee at Ohio State -- this should give us a fraud-meter read on the Vols
    Clemson at Maryland -- Huge game for both teams. Terps are reeling after the Miami game. Clemson wants to prove it's not a fluke with a big road win
    Georgetown at Pittsburgh -- Hibbert vs. Aaron Gray. Good big-man battle.
    Washington State at Stanford -- Can the Cougs get it done on the road?
    Montana State at Montana -- Why not? ;D

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Don't forget the big women's matchup in Durham, N.C., between No. 3 Duke and No. 1 Maryland in a rematch of last season's thrilling overtime NCAA final. Cameron Indoor Stadium is sold out for this one.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I said it Thursday and I'll say it again: UConn will smoke St. John's tonight.

4. accguy

accguy Member

Cosmo,
    What's the deal with Hibbert? He didn't even have a shot the other night against 'Nova.

How can you be 7-whatever and not get a shot?

5. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

OSU's Greg Oden...double-double..in the first half. I think he might be pretty good.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

An impressive defensive performance from Duke's women against Maryland. I thought there would be a drop off for the Blue Devils without Currie but obviously I was wrong. Lindsey Harding has an amazing game and Duke smacked down No. 1 Maryland.

I wonder if Duke leapfrogs UNC to take the No. 1 spot?

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They could. Dook just out-everythinged Maryland in that game. Hustle, offensive execution, defense. You name it and Dook did it better. Why do I keep saying fuckin Maryland all the time?

The men's team coming out strong against Clemson today. Should be a fun game. Which cocksucking John Swofford put in a clause saying ESPNU wasn't a real network, so that people could watch the fucking game from time to time.

Oh, and Hibbert is soft. He's 7-2, but a pansy. Doesn't get rebounds, nothing. It's like he's scared of people.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Vols playing real tough against Ohio State. They're only down 3 with 4:41 left.

9. And UT gets screwed when an Ohio State player takes a complete step out of bounds with one second left and no call. Game over.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Damn. Two last-second losses in the past four days. :'(

11. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Gus Johnson could make lawnmowing sound exciting. Totally over-the-top and ridiculous, and I love it.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Not that it mattered because Tennessee didn't score, but that was clearly a two-pointer by Ohio State at the end ... foot was clearly on the line when he went up for the shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted