1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Hoops 1/10 and 1/11 *** (new)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 10, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If no-talent Seton Hall can roll St. Johns by 17, a young, talented UConn team won't beat the Johnnies by more than 10 points Saturday night?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oregon, fresh off the upset of UCLA, is struggling with Arizona State. That is terrible. Also, Stanford is giving Washington a run.
    UW 74, Stanford 72 with less than a minute remaining
    Oregon 58, Arizona State 55 with less than 10 seconds remaining

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Coming from a slowcenter, it must be gospel.

:D

And, like Almost_Famous said, I'm basing my opinion more on the belief Gray was being widely touted as a lottery pick in this past year's draft. Either way, he's not quick or athletic enough to make much of a difference.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

You know your stuff, hockey.

I will say this, though: I think Calhoun's hurting his guys in the long run by being so impatient. He's got to know they're so young that they've got to play through some of their mistakes and growing pains.

Watching them play last night, I'm not kidding -- EVERY time a kid messed up (dumb foul, turnover, etc.) -- Calhoun had a sub at the scorer's table three seconds later.

It's tough to play at that level when you're having to look over your shoulder every trip downcourt.

If he finds a rotation and sticks with it, UConn could actually be pretty damned good by the end of the year.

5. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

I looked long and hard at UW-Stanford ... but UW is SHIT on the road ... and i can't figure out stanford (plus, they F'd me by beating uVA)

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It looks like the Big 12 and Pac-10 will deal differently with the fact that one league has more school than the other. The ACC just leaves one of the teams out.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh. I thought it was with the PAC-10 and the Big-10. So, it is between the Big-12 and the PAC-10? Obviously, I misread the ticker on ESPN or ESPN had it wrong, which is entirely possible.
    This could be a very bad thing for the Big 12 in my humble opinion.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

There was never any chance Gray went higher than 25th in last year's draft. Most people had him around a high second round pick. As someone from Pittsburgh who's watched a ton of his games I completely agree that he will be no better than a backup in the NBA. I think most GM's see him for what he is, and that he won't be picked higher than 25th in the draft. He is one of the worst finishers for his height that I have ever seen. Him and Roy Hibbert for G'Town are basically the same player: big, tall stiffs who are good in college based solely on their size.

Draft saved Draft deleted