1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Hoops 1/10 and 1/11 *** (new)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 10, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Re: College Hoops 1/10

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

2. Kable

Kable Member

I can definitely agree to that.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Just curious, but are you allowed to be a UNC and NC State fan?

4. KYSportsWriter

Um, no. That's like being a Kentucky fan and a Duke fan. Or a Kentucky and Louisville fan. It just doesn't exist.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's what I was thinking, but Kable's sig suggests he is a fan of both. Which is especially strange because he admits to being a graduate of NC State.

6. KYSportsWriter

I think Kable is the first person I've seen be a fan of both State and Carolina. To me, it's one or the other. Not both.

:D

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He married the SID.

I think UNC might be the most talented team in the country, but if I was a Tar Heel fan I'd be worried they aren't going to get enough of a test running through the ACC to be ready for the NCAA Tourney.

8. KYSportsWriter

When you have TH, there's nothing to be worried about! :D :D :D

9. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Anyone else curious by Washington State? They're at Cal tonight. WSU just beat Arizona at home, but has played UCLA and USC tough (beat Trojans) on the road.

However, Cal has won like the last 5 in this series.

I took Washington St straight up to win.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Washington State plays at Cal tonight and is enjoying being ranked for the first time since 1983. Let's go Cougs!

11. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

angola - You familiar with the team? I just looked at what they've done, and see that Cal has some injury issues, so I took a chance.

How good is this Weaver kid? Picked him up in fantasy college hoops.

If you watch the game, please post updates here ... unless it's on Fox, then hopefully i'll catch the game.

Tough to win at Cal, though.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The game should be on the FSN college sports channel. They show an inordinate amount of PAC-10 hoops. I am a fan but can't say I am tremendously familiar with them now that I live in Texas and not the northwest. From everything I've heard, new coach Tony Bennett kept his dad's defense and upgraded the offense.
    The Cougars also have three legitimate scoring options this year, which is a big change of just one option from the last 12 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted