1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Hoops 1/10 and 1/11 *** (new)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Re: College Hoops 1/10

Oh, they also won at Illinois.

No, his senior class is a bunch of heartless, gutless stiffs with moderate talent and the belief that by wearing the jerseys they wear, they're better than they are.

He has two freshman guards, Vasquez and Hayes, who are legit, talented, and play like they care. Plus a juco guy who is fun as hell to watch. Stiffs like Gist and Ebekwe have no fire though, and just play on cruise control.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

After watching Indiana play Michigan State and Purdue, they look damn good. That defense is as good as anyone in the country. Kelvin Sampson is a miracle worker for taking a bunch of Mike Davis kids and turning them into a defensive force.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Maybe I'm just holding it to a standard it couldn't possibly live up to, but

WHAT THE FUCK happened to the ACC?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

These refs have just gotten embarassingly bad. Are ACC refs on strike or something?

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Clemson: 3-0 and tied for the league lead with ...
    Boston College: 3-0. Losses to Vermont, Providence and Duquesne
    Virginia Tech: 2-0. Losses to W. Michigan, So. Ill., GW and Marshall
    North Carolina: 1-0. Apparently back to the UNC of old.
    Virginia: 1-0. Losses to Purdue, App State, Utah and Stanford.
    Miami (Fla.): 1-1. Ugly losses are too many to count. Which is worse: Buffalo, Cleveland State or Binghamton?
    Georgia Tech: 1-2. Losses aren't that bad. Not exactly world-beaters, though.
    Wake Forest: 1-2. Losses to Air Force, Georgia, DePaul and South Florida.
    Maryland: 0-1. Losses aren't bad.
    Duke: 0-2. Not even close to what Duke has been in the past.
    Florida St.: 0-2. Losses aren't bad.
    N.C. State: 0-3. Where have you gone, Ernie Myers?

6. Re: College Hoops 1/10

Listened to the Tennessee/Vandy game.

That was a long 3.7 seconds for Vandy to drive that long with 3 dribbles (as described by Bob Kesling on the UT Radio Network), a shot and a tip-in.

Spoils to the homecourt team though, I guess.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The charge call on UNC's Terry was crazy since the Virginia defender was moving.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Good thing the intelligent Wolfpackers chased off Herb Sendek for not getting far enough in the NCAA tournament. Now N.C. State will be lucky to even make the tournament. Granted, Lowe hasn't caught any breaks since he got there.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Well, he's only playing 6 guys this year it looks like, so they'll continue to take their lumps in conference play. Supposedly, though, Lowe has a great recruiting class coming in.

I may be in the minority, but I think he'll do very well there. Not Valvano-well, but very well.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Duke was being punished for wearing black uniforms. School colors are blue and white (same as my high school, which also is the Blue Devils), not black.

And my alma mater won tonight, ending a seven-game losing streak. Yeah!

11. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

I just finished watching this game (won by Syracuse, 68-58). It was as much fun as root canal surgery. Syracuse, which WON the game, fouled three-point shooters at least three times, during a stretch where I swear Rutgers was shooting about 10 percent from the field.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I've never understood why Dook wears black unis. But then again, it's Dook and I don't care.

Draft saved Draft deleted