1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sellmate, Jul 14, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

Full disclosure. I enjoy going to OSU games when I get the chance. Went to the Texas (a fucking blast, you could hear a pin drop by the end, complete stunning silence - entering the 4th quarter I was thinking to myself, this Young fella ain't worth all this hype, 4th quarter - WOW) and Illinois (it was great to see a great defense get to toss around a shit offense for a day) games.
    Here's what I can't stand, the idea of every Ohioan thinking this school is the Holy Grail. I went to Ohio (the state's first university, don't you forget that Columbus), and it would boggle my mind why these people would rather sit at home and watch OSU on tv then come out to watch the school they chose to attend for FREE. These same people say, I love Ohio State, but Ohio (Ohio U and OU to you old bastards) sucks, so I don't go. If you loved it so much you should have gone there, judging by the mental capacities of the bulk of the football team anyone can get in. Katzenmoyer, 'nuf said.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I've had to deal with OSU in an athletic administrative capacity. They're all about the "THE". It's not just a Monday Night Football thing.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You're my hero. ;D

Go Blue!

4. WSKY

WSKY Member

In a big football crazed town, football is an all year deal. If you don't have at least a few summer stories, then you're not doing your job.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

IJAG darling, you are a Goddess among mere mortals.

I couldn't have summed up how I feel about OSU better.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

THE?

Sounds like the town I work in (and used to cover for gamers). The Woodlands. Not Woodlands. THE Woodlands.

S"THE"FU

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I always thought it was a legal thing with the "the" in front of it.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Legal in what way?

And the idea is it's pretentious as hell, regardless of the thinking (or legality) behind it.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Florida State does it too.

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Then there's always The University of Texas At Austin. Yep, the whole thing goes on EVERYTHING the uni puts forth.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Then THE Longhorns are pretentious, too. And I'm a Texan. I can say that.

12. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I totally think THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN is pretentious, and while I don't say the at Austin part, I'm pretty sure the way I say The University of Texas is pretentious.

And I AM a Longhorn. And one of the things I love about the University is that very attitude we're discussing.

Draft saved Draft deleted