1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football writer gives up Heisman vote

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Apr 8, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Or Maybe, Dennis Dodd's angst, or whatever the fuck it is, is ridiculous.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

he has/had a heisman vote. you don't/never did. i could give two shits what you think.

3. YankeeFan

I was in the room for the announcement seven consecutive years. I bet Dodd can't say that.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Why? It's such a worthless award and moment. Do you get off to canned speeches? How much money did you pay for those seats?

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's making a sig somewhere. Although he may have meant peaches.

Which might make it even better.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i'm sitting on my couch. i bet you can't say that.

7. YankeeFan

The Awards Ceremony is one of the best events in sports. Small, classy, exclusive. (A little bigger when/since they had to hold it at the Marriott and/or Yale Club).

I was originally invited by former DAC President Frank Powers, who I had gotten to know. Later became close with Rudy Riska.

At Continental Airlines, we became the Official Airline of the Heisman Trophy. Great deal. In exchange for some airline tickets, we got tickets to the TV announcement, and the Monday night dinner. And, it gave us access to the former recipients.

We used several of them to entertain clients.

8. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Jeezus, I thought that was a good line. Norrin, Google is your friend. You're young, apparently. And I'm older than dirt, factually. :)

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Love Sanford and Son references. We don't get enough of them.

I didn't get what going to join Elizabeth meant in this context. So I just missed this one. Apologies.

Draft saved Draft deleted