1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football writer gives up Heisman vote

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Apr 8, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're right. The DAC basically no longer exists.

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Got bored two sentences in. Stopped at "joyful." Read one more graph, got the full news I needed, was done. Not in the mood to read more platitudes about how the Heisman people are a bunch of meanypantses. Just don't care. If they reveal their votes or don't reveal their votes, whatever. Just means fewer "THIS is who I voted FOR!!" columns among the annual noise.

He should have just put it on Twitter, and been done with it.

3. YankeeFan

Lupica bitches about his seating: SportsJournalists.com sides against Lupica

Doyel & Boeheim have it out in public: SportsJournalists.com split decision

Dennis Dodd complains about the Heisman Trust: SportsJournalists.com sides with Dodd.

Switch the names and the situations around, and SportsJournalists.com would still likely side with the same folks.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You missed the big one.

5. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

One of Dodd's larger points, that this continues the lack of transparency surrounding college football, is something I think people care about. There doesn't seem to be anyone writing everything's hunky-dory with college football and the NCAA. It seems our readers care about this situation.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Cool story, Carnac. With all that foresight, you definitely should head to Vegas.

7. YankeeFan

Do I get to bet on contests with such predictable results?

Mike Rice could bounce a basketball off of Lupica's head, and those assembled here would side with Mike Rice.

Dennis Dodd cries about a mean letter he received, and not getting his phone calls returned, and everyone applauds?

Give me break.

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

So you knew going in Dennis Dodd was one of SportsJournalists.com's beloved? Maybe he's given the benefit of the doubt because he's respected and liked by his peers. Maybe Lupica isn't because he's a piece of shit. Maybe Doyel is 50/50 because he's both respected and loathed.

And maybe, just maybe, every thread isn't predetermined around here. I guarantee you if Lupica did something worth applause, he would be applauded, even if begrudgingly.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Pretty sure that's happened before.
    I'm also pretty sure most of us could make a pretty accurate list of which posters will like this story and which won't.

10. YankeeFan

No, I didn't know Dennis Dodd was beloved here.

I did notice that the folks sticking up for him all seem to know him and like him. So, I'm not sure how objective they are being.

11. YankeeFan

Touché!

12. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted