1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football weekend 10-26

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Oct 26, 2006.

1. sartrean

sartrean Member

He should have got the hell away from that kick.

2. sartrean

sartrean Member

Now that's a response to a mistake!

Defense didn't get down after that fumble. They came back out and took it to them.

Rutgers is for real, y'all. They are going to the BCS title game...I mean, they are beating powerhouse UCONN.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Rutgers-Boise State would be a dream game for the BCS title!

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Schiano, why are you PASSING up 11 with 4:51 to play. RUN THE GODDAM BALL AND EAT CLOCK!

5. sartrean

sartrean Member

He's got to impress the BCS formula.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

And if they got stuffed and had to punt and Connecticut came back, you'd then be killing him for pulling a Schottenheimer and playing not to lose.

Not a very inspiring performance from Rutgers. Looking ahead to Louisville, perhaps?

What sucks for Rutgers is, unless they beat both Louisville and West Virginia to win the Big East and the BCS berth, they'll be stuck in some third or fourth-tier bowl because they're not a big draw. If Notre Dame doesn't get a BCS berth and therefore eats into the Big East's allotment, you can shove Rutgers down another notch.

7. sartrean

sartrean Member

Looks like a hyperextended knee for Rutgers' Rice.

Their season's done. No BCS title game for the Scarlet Knights.

Oh well, c'mon Boise!!

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

First off Schiano almost single handedly cost Rutgers the Pitt game last year because he was tryingto pass in the fourth quarter. Two 3 and outs and an interception later, they hang on to beat a bad Pitt team by eight.

Secondly, Rutgers bowl chances will probably be helped by the fact that they'll probably travel about 15-20,000 if not more to an east coast bowl. Remember, they're the state university of New Jersey so they have a pretty big alumni base.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

:D

I love you, Oz.

(and yes, I know the scarcasm font's on)

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

maybe clemson can convince you

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sarcasm font, yes, but that would be my dream BCS matchup. Anything to screw the system is fine by me. I would love to see six teams with perfect regular seasons, just to see how the BCS would "tweak" the system for the zillionth time "to make sure this unforeseen scenario won't happen again." I want to see what needs to happen to get the powers that be to even CONSIDER a playoff of any sort.

So in that respect, yeah, bring on Rutgers and Boise State for the BCS title!

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

There are currently 6 undefeated teams...but
    West Virgnia, Louisville and Rutgers still have each other to play...so the Big East ends with only one (or maybe none) unbeaten.
    Ohio State vs. Michigan eliminates another.

So the max unbeaten is 3 and nobody takes the SmurfTurfers seriously (c'mon, the freaking field is blue!).

So the Big Ten unbeaten and the Big East unbeaten play in the BCS championship game (Yup, fuck the OSU-Mich loser!)

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2006 National Champions:
    The State University of New Jersey

Draft saved Draft deleted