1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football weekend 10-26

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, and just wait until Izzo stomps off in disgust when he realizes the athletic department (hell, the whole university) is now being run by a cadre of football-fixated cement-heads, and every time he wants to buy a paper clip, it's going to have to be personally approved by Perles. :eek: :eek:

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And people wonder what we mean by "it's just Sparty being Sparty..."

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

They'll beat Indiana as badly as Ohio State did. IU's offensive line is still a work in progress. It has made great strides since the beginning of the season, but they are still starting true freshmen at left tackle and left guard. Michigan has the best d-line in the country and will stunt IU into submission. Lewis isn't going to have the time he needs to find Hardy because he is going to be running for his life. IU's running game only works when the passing game is working, which leaves IU with no offense. Look at what Michigan did to Wisconsin -- and the only position where IU is better than Wisky is at WR.

IU's run defense has stiffened since the beginning of the season, but they won't be able to survive a steady diet of Michael Hart. And when IU sells out to stop Hart, bringing the safeties up, Henne will be able to hit the other wideouts. IU stands a very good chance of beating Minnesota, will be fairly even against Purdue and will get crushed by Meechigun.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've got a final word about Michigan, too. Those who don't think this is a special team are probably those who are enchanted by the point-a-minute offenses. This team is about DEFENSE. It's been a long time since I've seen such an active front seven. They're all over the ball, every snap.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm a Steelers fan, I love physical, swarming defenses so don't include me in that assumption.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You are thusly uncounted. ;)

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Some dumbass(es) have given Alabama two points in the AP poll... amazing.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

JD -- You have the link this is ref'ing to? I saw it last week, wanted to see it again but can't find it.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Talk to Jon Wilner of the San Jose (Calif.) Mercury News and Ferd Lewis of the Honolulu Advertiser........

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Michigan's defense is the best unit I remember seeing in college ball in some time. The first Coker Miami team played some wicked D, but not as consistently as Michigan does.
    99 of 100 college teams die fast if they can't run. Ohio State may be one of those that does come Nov. 18.

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Yea Michigan is good at D but Ohio State is winning this game no doubt.
    Just some Facts
    Opponents Points Michigan 104
    Opponents Points Ohio State 86

Offensive rushing per game Michigan 175.6 Ohio State 180.8

12. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Why is Michigan's D that much better than Ohio State's? OSU has allowed the fewest ppg in the country, I believe. With Smith, I think OSU is the one team that CAN beat Michigan, even if Michigan stones Pittman.

Put another way, for as much the media are slurping the UM D (somewhat rightfully so) I think the OSU D is leaps and bounds closer to Michigan's than Michigan's offense is to the Buckeyes' offense.

But Michael Hart and Manningham scares the piss out me. This game is going to be the biggest thing ever to hit Columbus by a factor of 10. Then again, that's not saying much.

Many people have remarked that Michigan doesn't deserve to go to the NC if it loses to OSU in a close one. What if OSU loses to M in a close one? Is there a rematch then?

Draft saved Draft deleted