1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football weekend 10-26

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Oct 26, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

In the immortal words of Lewis Grizzard ... I don't even want to talk about it. (followed by 17 inches of white space)

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You might want to save some of that kindling to stay warm when you go to the Humanitarian Bowl (yes, I know it's another StupidCorporateNameBowl now, but I loved that name). And bring some Ray-Bans to keep the Smurf Turf from burning your retinas.

Of course, I'm jealous. All I can say is Chuck Sucks.

FDP, it's a shame East Carolina actually won that game this year. All those years late in the Steve Logan Era when Southern Miss was the bane of the Pirates' existence. Oh well ...

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Sammy, as if I'd ever really be able to go to Boise right now. It'll make for a fun afternoon watching at home with a few pizzas and drinks. I'm just glad we're going back to a bowl. With games against Clemson, Miami, BC, and Wake left we may not win again until the bowl. Thank goodness for mediocrity!

And Sammy, hopefully you can go sit on Santa's lap this year and wish for a new football couch. But damn, there can't possibly be any chance Amato comes back next year, can there?

4. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

catching up on the day. And this just makes me laugh. Ah the Golden Flake jokes. Awesome

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

From what I hear, nothing much is putting the piece of sh_t on shaky ground. NCSU's habit of protecting their own at all costs is as overboard as their wont to throw anyone else off the train who isn't one of theirs (coughcoughHerbSendekcoughcough), especially when some of the so-called fans get in their little entitlement moods.

Oh, you said "couch." My bad ... ;D

Seriously, will some idiots pull their heads out of their a_ses and realize the program is going nowhere? Please ... realize that this man has too many so-called fans, boosters and friends of the program completely snowed. Please realize that Philip Rivers turned a number of close-but-no-cigar losses into wins, and that Chuck has done absolutely nothing since.

Record during Rivers Era: 34-17
    Record since: 15-15

Now forget the record ... it's much more than that. Boot this self-promoting piece of crap out of Raleigh. I'll even cushion his fall with a few pieces of NCSU gear I'm not wearing anymore. Find someone who can coach, bring team discipline, not recruit like he's still in Tallahassee, not have to scan the police blotter for more embarrassment and someone who has a shred of class.

Rant over ... thanks for your time, folks.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What about Florida, whose schedule I would put against anyone's, if it runs the table?

How would you tell a one-loss Gators team with that schedule? I mean, Michigan has one top 25 win (Notre Dame) since Iowa dropped out, and they would have lost their only other game against a ranked opponent. Florida's already beaten two teams in the top 15 and gave away a third at Auburn.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My bad there, forgot about Wisconsin. Either way, I can't wait for Michigan to lose.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:D ;D :D ;D

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Kansas guy through and through, and happy that for the first time in a month I can smile about a victory.

Just tired from hearing how great Michigan is from the chorus when they seem every bit as unspectacular as USC was before today. Every time I catch them on TV -- save for the Notre Dame game, of course -- they look average. Brilliant defense, but there's much to be desired on the other side. I know you can chalk that up to Carr's nature and how things always are in the Big 10, but they're far from a complete team without Manningham.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

NCSU Football....you know you don't want any of this train wreck, bitches.

12. KP

KP Active Member

Frank Solich has the OHIO BOBCATS bowl eligible. [/Ohio fanboys and girls unite on Halloween weekend]

Draft saved Draft deleted