1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Platyrhynchos, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech starts it off tonight, with Ga. Tech 2.5 point faves.

The biggie, though, is Arizona State at Oregon Saturday.

And don't be a bit surprised if Okie State bitch slaps Texas Saturday.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Oh, Jesus. Not this AGAIN.

Maybe we should have an SEC vs. the World thread for all this stuff, rather than clutter up ANOTHER college football thread.

Moddy(s): Kill if you don't want
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/48942/

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I don't understand his lede: With college football more confusing than ever, it's a good time to fall back at something we always can count on, the superiority of the Southeastern Conference.

How do you fall back at something?

Otherwise, I'm tired of people arguing for or against the SEC being the best conference. Who gives a shit?

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Spnited cares.

I think we should start an SEC fantasy football league.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Does anyone else want to put their next paycheck on VT +2.5 on this one? I've watched a lot of GT games this year, and they aren't much without Choice, who is supposed to be out. In addition, the Jackets back up, Grant, is out too.

This is one of those lines that seems too good to be true. GT's homefield advantage can't mean that much. Someone knows something I don't here.

6. Platyrhynchos

Choice is listed as doubtful for tonight.

And this isn't meant for you to grab the phone and hit your bookie's number on speed dial, but:
    Va. Tech is 12-3 against the spread in its last 15 road games, and 11-3 against the spread in its last 14 Thursday games. Source is USA Today.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I have one rule in betting: don't bet on games in which you have an emotional interest. It's bad business.

As a UGA alum, I NEVER NEVER NEVER bet on the Bulldogs (they rarely cover anyway) and I stay away from Tech games. But this one just sticks out to me as easy money. I would probably take VT if they were 3-point dogs.

But I'll likely stay away from this one.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Choice might be listed as doubtful, but he ain't playing. Not a chance.

The better number might be under the 40. Top two defenses in the ACC. Or a Va Tech/under parlay.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm taking Ga. Tech (-3) and the over (40)

10. Platyrhynchos

Parlay par-tay this weekend, Xan?

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Every weekend, platy.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

How in the hell can anyone steal four VA Tech jerseys out of the locker room with a security camera, a guard, and a set of doors to go through?

Four VA Tech players, including Sean Glennon are wearing GT's old jerseys (circa 2004) as replacement jerseys tonight, after the Hokie team manager noticed that their road jerseys are missing.

Draft saved Draft deleted