1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Oct 23, 2007.

1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

These are two top 10 teams?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

If they were in the SEC or Big Ten, we'd be hearing the spin about what a great defensive struggle of the highest order this is and how offenses are struggling because the defenses are so strong.

But since they are in the ACC -- and the same applies to the Big East -- these two teams suck because the game is sloppy.....

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I'm still trying to stop laughing about the post that said Rutgers would "assrape" Oregon St.

4. You make a good point, but keep in mind LSU beat Virginia Tech 48-7.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The credit for that one goes to Chef I believe....

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

VT appears to be wearing down BC's defense.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Matt Ryan = overrated.

BC's coaches must have taken a page from Andy Reid's playbook by not giving an untested tackle help on a talented, experience DE. But Ryan is scared shitless out there. He's more worried about where the rush is coming from then where his receivers are going to be. All I've heard is how good this kid is, but I don't see anything that shows that. Then again Va. Tech's D is damn good, but Ryan was supposed to be damn good himself.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Matt Ryan is NOT overrated. No way no how. A good game in miserable weather? Yes, not anything close to his best game. Heck, I'd probably give Tebow the Heisman first anyway. But to say Ryan is overrated is showing you know very little about what he can do.

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Terrible job getting the foot down there, even if the TD stands. It was like he made an effort not to put his left foot on the ground.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Are you saying he has been at worst average tonight? A good quarterback no matter what the weather will at least be average and not hurt his team's chances to win. Other than that last drive, where Va. Tech was playing prevent D, he has done absolutely nothing tonight.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This sumbitch ain't over.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

We might be seeing a case of a guy losing the Heisman, and then winning it again, in the same night.

Draft saved Draft deleted