1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Oct 23, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

A reflection, perhaps, on the coach who, from what I've seen, is an out-of-control, raving lunatic on the sidelines when things aren't going his way.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Virginia Tech v. Flutie U. What a game.

I think Tech rolls by 21 or more. National TV. Beamer's special teams. Adibi-led defense quashing a Heisman candidate in Ryan. All the cosmos are aligning for a 36-9 win.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tech is a house of cards, especially if the backup qb plays.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

They might .... no really, they might .... maybe?

(As a Georgia alum, I am at the point that I would accept a 6-6 season with a win over Florida over a 10-2 season with another loss to Florida)

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So, the one game then.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what happens this year because Georgia, for the first time in forever, had a week off before the Florida game, while the Gators were at Kentucky.

Usually it's Georgia that's kind of beat up coming into the game, so the Dogs don't have that excuse if they lose this time.

I'd love to see a Georgia win -- not an alum but from Athens -- but I'm not optimistic. Looking at Georgia's schedule, it could easily lose four of its last five games: Florida, Kentucky, Auburn and Georgia Tech.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I love BC and hope it rolls (this from a guy who like Tech and much prefers VPI to UVa). It would be great to see BC go undefeated and make the national-championship game.

I think BC is the most under-apreciated BCS program in the country over the past 5-6 years, with a great bowl record. The Eagles need a BCS bowl to be really in the elite.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

BC YES!

You know those headlines are coming if they win ...

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

BC MESS!

You know those headlines are coming if they don't

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Collins graduted after the '94 season. Wally Richardson was Penn State's quarterback for the '95 game.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That ball had eyes.

See if they show the punt again after the commercial break. Never saw one quite like that before, at least that I can recall.

Draft saved Draft deleted