1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Some fun games this week:

Thursday
    No. 2 Boston College at No. 8 Virginia Tech

Saturday
    No. 6 West Virginia at No. 25 Rutgers
    Mississippi State at No. 14 Kentucky
    No. 9 (tie) USC at No. 5 Oregon
    No. 11 South Florida at Connecticut
    No. 9 (tie) Florida vs. No. 20 Georgia
    Ole Miss at No. 23 Auburn
    No. 15 South Carolina at Tennessee
    No. 1 Ohio State at No. 24 Penn State
    No. 18 Cal at No. 7 Arizona State

Also, is this a bad sign for Boston College as it prepares for Virginia Tech?

BROOKLINE - On a recent afternoon, Kettly Jean-Felix parked her car on Beacon Street in Brookline, fed the parking meter, wheeled around to go to the optician and came face to face with a wild turkey.

The turkey eyed Jean-Felix. Jean-Felix eyed the turkey. It gobbled. She gasped. Then the turkey proceeded to follow the Dorchester woman over the Green Line train tracks, across the street, through traffic, and all the way down the block, pecking at her backside as she went.

"This is so scary," Jean-Felix said, finally taking refuge inside Cambridge Eye Doctors in Brookline's bustling Washington Square. "I cannot explain it."

Notify the neighbors: The turkeys are spreading through suburbia. Wild turkeys, once eliminated in Massachusetts, are flourishing from Plymouth to Concord and - to the surprise of some wildlife officials - making forays into densely populated suburban and urban areas, including parts of Boston, Cambridge and, most recently, Brookline.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/10/23/turkeys_take_to_cities_towns/

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Another game I would add to that list -- No. 12 Kansas at Texas A&M. [/KUfanboylooseralert]

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You mean No. 4 in Songbird's poll Kansas at TAMU.

4. Johnny Dangerously

I'm busy covering a bingo tournament, so my list is not all-inclusive. Feel free to add your circle game of the weekend.

5. Songbird

BC-VT, I think, will be a Hokies blowout by 21 or more.

6. Johnny Dangerously

My source on that says, "No."

7. It's funny reading the AJC comments on the UGA-Florida game. "We've got nothing to lose...I think we're going to shock them...blah, blah,blah". They've been saying the same thing for years.

If Tennessee sliced up their defense, UF should pound them. Tebow bum shoulder or not.

8. Songbird

You're on! :D

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Missouri should beat Iowa State at home by 42. The Cyclones spent their wad against the Sooners. And an Aggies win over the Jayhawks would surprise me not

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And the Bill Callahan Farewell Tour visits Austin on Saturday afternoon.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Texas may be the hottest team in the country right now. They would beat Oklahoma. Longhorns by about four TDs

12. bingo tournament?

Draft saved Draft deleted